For 2014 Dan and I have decided we're going to each attempt to race 321 miles throughout the year! We will each be running a 100 mile race, plus several other marathons and ultras to add up to 321 miles. Here is the list of races we have planned.
3/15 Salida Marathon (Both)
3/21 World Down Syndrome Day 21M (Both)
4/26 Cheyenne Mountain 50k (Dan)
5/3 Collegiate Peaks 25M (Dan)
5/10 Quad Rock 50M (Siobhan)
6/14 Leadville Marathon (Both)
6/28 North Fork 50M (Dan)
7/26 La Maratona Verticale Marathon (Siobhan)
8/10 Telluride Hill Climb 10M (Siobhan)
8/16-17 Leadville 100 (Dan)
9/6 Lapham Trail Marathon (Dan)
9/12-13 Run Rabbit Run 100 (Siobhan)
10/12 Chicago Marathon (Both)
On September 12th at 8:00 am I'll be toeing the starting line in Steamboat Springs for the Run Rabbit Run 100 mile trail run. Interested in joining me? Okay so maybe you're not quite ready for 100 miles at 8,000 ft yet, but how about a 5k, 10k, half or full marathon?
1) Create or join a team here on Crowdrise www.crowdrise.com/RunWithSiobhan Invite friends and family to do the same!
2) Run! In a race or all over the place. A 5k, 10k, Half-or-Full marathon, or just a casual jog...even down the block. Whatever you can handle.
3) Take on the 321 Mile Challenge: Try to run a total of 321 miles between now-October12th! Have a big team or feeling ambitious? See how many hundreds of miles you can run together.
4) Have your kids join with their friends to form a fundraising team. Groups of friends, clubs, or sports teams could have car washes or organize a run around the track—the sky’s the limit!
5) Spread the news on Facebook. Hit the share button on our video! Tweet your support by following Research Ds on twitter or tweeting with #RunwithSiobhan or #321milechallenge. Follow us on twitter @321_Miles and @RunWithSiobhan
Donate to Siobhan and Dan's 321 mile challenge by clicking here
Dream big, train hard and fight until the finish. Never, ever give up -Ellie Greenwood